How it works
Post a job
Tell us about your job, and we'll alert suitable painters & decorators in UK. It’s simple and free.
Once your job is posted, you'll get responses from interested painters & decorators through the website.
Review and choose
Browse profiles, work history, and feedback, then choose who you wish to share your details with.
Where can I find a reliable painter and decorator near me?
Painting and decorating is time-consuming, messy and easy to get wrong. So why not leave it to the professionals and find a reliable UK-based painter and decorator at MyBuilder?
Finding a tradesperson in the UK is all about trust. You want to be satisfied with the completed work and confident that your painter-decorator can meet your standards from day one.
Our standards are so high that we turn down a third of the professionals who apply, giving you confidence in whomever you choose. Here are a few handy hints from our hiring guide on how to pick the right person for your needs:
Include the number of rooms, walls, landings and staircases that need decorating in your posting
- Arm yourself with basic knowledge
- Choose someone with lots of specific experience
- Ask how long the job will take
- Choose a specialist
- Find out what the process will be
- Get a detailed quote from each person you’re considering
Can MyBuilder help you to find painters and decorators near you?
If you’re interested in working with a local painter and decorator, this makes perfect sense as a local tradesperson can often help more quickly. When you post a job via MyBuilder, it’s sent to hundreds of qualified local to you, and those who are interested can get in touch.
All of our UK painters and decorators are reviewed by previous customers. While finding a tradesperson can seem overwhelming, MyBuilder makes it the opposite. Using our easy matchmaking system, posting a job and finding a tradesperson is quick, efficient and effective.
Over 90% of jobs posted to MyBuilder generate interest, so there’s a very high chance that you’ll be able to find a painter and decorator who’s available to help you out.
How much does hiring a painter and decorator in the UK cost?
Most people enter a project with a budget to prevent overspending, and a proper budget is essential if you’re thinking about hiring a painter-decorator. As you begin your research, be aware that most painters and decorators charge a day rate for their services, often between £150 to £200, though prices will be higher in London. There will then be different costs incurred for different services and home sizes. Find out more in our detailed pricing guide.
Top Painter & Decorator Reviews
Painters & Decorators working in the UK have an average review score of 97% positive based on 433,270 homeowner reviews.
Top locations in UK
- Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Milton Keynes
- Stoke On Trent
- Architectural Designers
- Bathroom Fitters
- Carpenters & Joiners
- Carpet & Lino Fitters
- Chimney & Fireplace Specialists
- Conservatory Installers
- Conversion Specialists
- Damp Proofing Specialists
- Decking Specialists
- Demolition Specialists
- Driveway Pavers
- Extension Builders
- Fascias & Soffits Specialists
- Flooring Fitters
- Gas Engineers
- Guttering Installers
- Heating Engineers
- Insulation Installers
- Kitchen Fitters
- Landscape Gardeners
- Loft Conversion Specialists
- New Home Builders
- Painters & Decorators
- Repointing Specialists
- Restoration & Refurb Specialists
- Security System Installers
- Tarmac Driveway Specialists
- Tree Surgeons
- Waste Clearance Specialists
- Window & Door Fitters
- All Builders
- All Tradespeople
Ask a Painter & Decorator
Our vetted professionals answer your home improvement questions
- Need to gloss my living room doors as they have gone a yellow colour, is the only way of re glossing them to sand them down,as i have three door altogether,many thanks
- Which first wood work or emultion paint
- Filling fine cracks in internal walls/ceilings - have tried but they reappear! the walls have been skimmed by previous owner and are just settling cracks.
- My staircase has been transformed from varnish to white gloss. however, i'm wondering if the painter and decorator has done it properly?