How it works
Post a job
Tell us about your job, and we'll alert suitable builders in UK. It’s simple and free.
Once your job is posted, you'll get responses from interested builders through the website.
Review and choose
Browse profiles, work history, and feedback, then choose who you wish to share your details with.
How do I choose a builder near me?
Whether you’re building your new dream home from scratch, carrying out renovation work or having a new extension constructed, you’re going to need to find the right builder to carry out the work.
But choosing a builder can seem overwhelming. After all, there are so many tradespeople available with a variety of different skill sets and experience.
Don’t worry, MyBuilder can help. When choosing a builder for your project, some of the key factors to consider include:
- The builder’s experience and certifications
- The builder’s location
- The builder’s rates and charging structure
- Timescale expectations
- Whether the tradesperson is open to completing follow-up work
Most importantly, you should check whether the tradesperson has the relevant experience for your project. Don’t be shy about asking for photos and recommendations of their previous work.
How much do builders cost?
Tradespeople usually provide quotes for building projects instead of charging hourly or daily rates. However, fees depend on various factors, including the builder’s experience, job type, and project length.
A small maintenance job taking a few hours will cost much less than a whole house rebuild, for example. While some projects may take a day or two, others last for weeks or months.
For large projects, many builders will provide you with a free consultation before giving you a quote. For small jobs, a consultation may not be necessary. Learn more about pricing by checking out our pricing guide.
Where can I find local builders near me?
Finding local builders is free, easy and quick with MyBuilder. All you need to do is post your job online and our innovative matchmaking service will connect you to local builders with the right experience and qualifications.
Once you’ve posted your project, interested and qualified tradespeople can reach out to you.
All reviews from past customers on the MyBuilder website are verified and 97% of them are positive, so you can expect a professional and high-quality service.
For more advice on picking the right builder for your project, check out our hiring guide here.
Top Builder Reviews
Builders working in the UK have an average review score of 97% positive based on 903,105 homeowner reviews.
Trusted by experts
Don’t just take our word for it, homeowners love MyBuilder too. We’re proud to be rated by Mumsnet.
Top locations in UK
- Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Milton Keynes
- Stoke On Trent
- Architectural Designers
- Bathroom Fitters
- Carpenters & Joiners
- Carpet & Lino Fitters
- Chimney & Fireplace Specialists
- Conservatory Installers
- Conversion Specialists
- Damp Proofing Specialists
- Decking Specialists
- Demolition Specialists
- Driveway Pavers
- Extension Builders
- Fascias & Soffits Specialists
- Flooring Fitters
- Gas Engineers
- Guttering Installers
- Heating Engineers
- Insulation Installers
- Kitchen Fitters
- Landscape Gardeners
- Loft Conversion Specialists
- New Home Builders
- Painters & Decorators
- Repointing Specialists
- Restoration & Refurb Specialists
- Security System Installers
- Tarmac Driveway Specialists
- Tree Surgeons
- Waste Clearance Specialists
- Window & Door Fitters
- All Builders
- All Tradespeople
Ask a Builder
Our vetted professionals answer your home improvement questions
- Where do i start with planning a single storey extension? how much should i be paying for architects plans?
- What is current minimum foundation depth for new build house
- Can i lay loft boarding straight on top of insulation that is above the joists?
- How near can my neighbour build an extention to my boundry, the size he is considering does not require plannning concent.in adition this extention is going limit view / sunlight can i object?