Trident Damp

Rating: 5 out of 5

Trident Damp reviews (317)

  • Review from househunters, South Croydon
    Rating: 1 out of 5
    Review left on 4 Jul 2020

    damp under 2 bay windows

    The main positive is that as far as I can tell for areas treated by Joseph and the team from Trident Damp, no damp returns. However the customer service is terrible, they quote for a larger area than they actually treat. Then when we had damp reappearing in an area that should have been treated they don't want to know, despite clear plans showing that the damp area was in the area I had paid for. Even denied I have a guarantee. Also the plastering done by their team became lumpy within a couple of weeks, and there is a clear hairline crack running round the circumference of the treated area. I've asked to have a conversation by phone but have been called a liar in an email and Joseph will not return my call. My communications have been polite and professional at all times. If you want to get a quote I'd recommend you get them to assess the area (dont fall into the trap of defining the area yourself), check their treatment has covered the area quoted for, lock away your silver when they visit, and you might as well use the written 20 year guarantee as bog roll, its meaningless until enforced by a court.
    (Updated on 6 Jul 2020)

    Answer from tradesperson:

    I'm not sure why you would expect us to guarantee an area of damp which was not carried out by us or covered by us, as Cleary was shown on photographs and your own plans you said the plan of works came from us but it is plain to see it was not on our headed paper but yours, you decreased the amount of works you first instructed with a reduction in cost and now you want these areas guaranteed this is not possible, we do go back and check any anomalies as can be seen in our reviews but you sent plans and description which we did not cover under guarantee. I have leant a lesson here and will not carry out remedial works unless I carry out the survey, recommendations and plans.

    Reply created 4 Jul 2020
  • Review from jon53493, Romford
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 28 Jun 2020

    DPM Injection

    Remedial works on an extension. Works completed with thanks.
  • Review from khavelock, Woolwich, London
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 27 Jun 2020

    Damp patches in kitchen and spare bedroom

    Joe arrived with Luke and Tom (his nephews) promptly. They were friendly, professional, and kept the area clean. Work was completed to a high standard and all within one day - thank you!
    (Updated on 1 Jul 2020)
  • Review from edward85807, Bromley
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 11 Jun 2020

    Damp proof treatment and re plaster

    First Class, No nonsense survey, backed up by work, completed on time, and to a high standard, by courteous, diligent operatives.Would certainly recommend this team, and the price was genuine.
    (Updated on 12 Jun 2020)
  • Review from lulu_89, West Dulwich, London
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 9 Jun 2020

    Dump in the outside wall of the living room.

    Thank you so much. Joseph came only hours after I posted my job. I was so worried thinking I had a big problem in the house but Joseph came and very professionally looked at everything and has told me that it is all tear and wear and nothing to be worried about. He is a very professional, experienced, kind, and honest person. He look at many little other issues and concerns I had in my property and gave me his opinion and recommendations. He didn't charge me anything at all even though I insisted. I am so thankful. It is hard meeting such honest and kind persons these days. I definitely recommend him and, if I ever need his services I will be contacting him for sure. Thank you so much Joseph!!!!
  • Review from brian29466, Clapham, London
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 4 Jun 2020

    Tanking beneath staircase

    There was mould growing beneath a stairs/small storage space and I put out an ad on MyBuilder to get it damp proofed. 2 builders gave me a quote of £2,000 and £5,000 (!) respectively, but when Joseph got in touch, having looked at pictures of the place, he said all I needed to do was to scrape the mould off the wall, paint over it with mould resistant paint, and put an humidistat/extractor fan in a small hole already in the wall which he said would remove any humidity in the room and damp proof the area by preventing condensation from happening. I've just completed doing this myself. Between the paint and the extractor fan it cost me a grand total of £100, and a little elbow grease, which is a far cry from the thousands of pounds other builders were quoting me! Joseph is obviously an honest man who cares about his customers by offering them effective solutions and saving them money. I couldn't recommend him more, and if I need a bigger job done in the future I will be coming back to Joseph because I know I can trust him.
  • Review from pom_850, Beckenham, Kent
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 1 Jun 2020

    Damp corner

    Quick and professional service, also recommended somebody to fix the guttering issue outside.
  • Review from bilal98847, Ilford
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 31 May 2020

    Small damp in living room

    Joe was brilliant. Came over and gave some real solid advice. Decided to take him him on. Before the job he came around again and told me the process. I wanted air bricks. He told me they were not relevant for the job and would be spending extra. On the day him and his team came on time were very polite and did the job as specified. I have even emailed Joe twice for advice after the job and has always been pleasant and very helpful. Would defo recommend.
  • Review from nithashi, Woolwich, London
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 26 May 2020

    Damp proofing survey

    Lovely and professional
  • Review from michelle46040, Bromley
    Rating: 5 out of 5
    Review left on 15 May 2020

    Small damp patch in living room

    Joseph did a great job- fast and clean!