Ask a tradesman

Architectural Services

Architectural services

My Architect, who I hired from is not responding to any calls for couple of months now. He has not given me the scale drawing of my extension (which is approved by the planning dept) for builders to work, what do I do now? It's delaying the starting of work, and I have no idea how to get hold of the scale drawing. Please help. Thanks

1 Answer from a MyBuilder Architectural Designer

Best Answer

You will be able to download them from your local authority website. If you search planning applications and enter your details, under documents all the drawings they submitted will be there. The scale will not always be accurate but the builders will be able to work round that for quoting. The drawings you require the builders to work from are building regulation drawings. These will need to be submitted to the council for approval and this application is known as "Full Plan Application".
Good Luck


Answered 17th Jan 2013

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories