Ask a tradesman


How to change mixer tap shower head to more powerful shower

I currently have a mixer tap shower head (connected to tap) in bathroom but want shower half way up wall with a more power in it. How do I get this done, is it possible to achieve this without it being a big job? Any advice is appreciated particularly on whether it is a plumbing job. Thank you.

2 Answers from MyBuilder Plumbers

Best Answer

Hi Josie, you have a couple of options depending on what boiler you have.
If you have a combi then you can can connect to the supply and have a mixer shower. Dependant on budget you could either sink the pipes in the wall and re-tile or you could have exposed pipes.

If you have a gravity fed system then you would need to have pump fitted and yes it is a plumbing job.



Answered 14th Jan 2013

Hi Josie,

It depends on what type of boiler you have, if it is gravity feed system you will need a shower pump to improve performance. Yes it is a plumbers job and possible an electrician as well depending if the plumber is Part P registered to installation electrical items. Hopes this helps. Kind regards Mario The Plumber


Answered 15th Jan 2013

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories