Ask a tradesman
What is a fair price to be charged for changing just a shower unit?
My old shower unit has been leaking for a while, so I have decided to just change it for a new one.
What is a reasonable charge for this job ?
It is a 8.5kw electric shower unit.
my old shower unit is a Triton ivory 2 8.5kw and I am changing it for a Briston glee shower unit 8.5kw.
I live in the Midlands area
3 Answers from MyBuilder Plumbers
What type of shower depends o the price (built in thermostatic shower or on the wall electric shower) usually between £60-£150 depending on work involved. Other Plumbers prices vary best thing to do is to put the job on here and see what quotes you get.
Without any alterations you are looking to be in around the £70 mark, just for a straight swap
Answered 12th May 2011
Depending on the area you live in depends on the rates you have been quoted.I should imagine if you have purchased the shower unit then you would be charged a minimum of two hours at £35.00 + Vat
Answered 9th May 2011
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- A Plumber quotes a estimate price for a Bathroom Installation. Customer offers to carry out help to install. Can the plumber still charger the estimate price?
- How do I check the fuse rating for an electric shower and if a new electric shower is a suitable replacement?
- Is there a 3 PHASE inverter out there that can manage a possible output of up to 60.000 watts for a tanning shop?
- Is there a call out charge for a lock smith that is contracted with a developer on a new build?