Windows Question

Do i need to use a fensa guy and what is does fensa mean?

I'm having small window put into the side of my house. Do I need to use a FENSA guy and what is does FENSA even mean?

3 Answers

Best Answer

FENSA works with thousands of double glazing contractors in England and Wales. In choosing a FENSA double glazing registered company the consumer is protected when purchasing double glazing for their home.

Why greater protection with a FENSA registered firm?
1. Regular assessment of FENSA double glazing companies by an 'independent inspection body'
2. 5 - 10 year insurance backed guarantee available to the homeowner on every installation
3. FENSA Building Regulations certificate dispatched to the homeowner for every registered installation as proof of compliance
4. Your property will be compliant with Building Regulations without the added cost and time of arranging assessment by Building Control

So basically if you go through a fensa company your covered even if it is just one window should anything go wrong with it.

Answered 17th Feb 2011

Mark Johnston

Member since 8 Feb 2011

hi fensa mean fenestration self assessment is always avisable to use one who is fensa qualified,

Answered 17th Feb 2011

kentish builder

Member since 14 Jul 2009

hello , im fensa registered and i do fensa all i fit , but you can also do it threw your local council at a cost around £60 , but beware they will not pass bad work ,and may cost more in the long run !!!!! so plz use a fensa reg company , best to be safe !!!!

Answered 17th Feb 2011

JG Homes Improvements LTD

Member since 2 Apr 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Window Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions