Ask a tradesman
4x6 single storey extension costs - south east
Just received planning for a single storey flat roof extension which will extend the kitchen adding a WC and integral garage.
Garage- to be single skin and takes up over half the m2 of the build. Two twin 13A sockets and tube light. Rollover garage door and internal door to kitchen.
WC- Toilet, sink and shower with small window and internal door. 2 downlighters
Kitchen- Relocate boiler. New power for fridge, wash machine & dryer. New plumbing for wash machine. 1 twin 13A socket. 4 downlighters, external door 800m window and Velux in roof.
Finish to be basic, non painted or tiled. Plastered with skirting and electrics/plumbing only. No new kitchen units or floor needed in this price. Just in a state ready for decoration.
There are no access problems to site.
There is an existing pre fab single garage with asbestos roof sitting on concrete slab that will need to go. There is also a 2.5m2 extension that will need to go too. This houses the existing boiler.
Our budget is tight at 20k so any feedback would be great.
1 Answer from a MyBuilder Extension Builder
Great Yarmouth • Member since 10 May 2012 • 4 jobs, 100% positive feedback
My company charges £750 per square meter for basic single storey and that is nationaly plus you would have the cost of the bathroom suite. So I would say no less than 18k but no more than 20k.
Answered 31st Dec 2012
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- What should I budget for a single storey extension measuring 6m x 3m approx, with a flat roof and single rooflight (the extension needs to be 2m above ground due to dropped garden)
- Convert single storey extension to two storey extension.
- Converting single storey extension to 2 storey extension
- 2nd storey extension over an existing single storey extension that's 30 years old.