Ask a tradesman

Damp Proofing

How can i get rid of severe condensation in room?

I recently bought a house during the summer but i now realised that there was severe condensation in one of the room (smallest rear room facing the garden). There is always water condensation on the walls as well as the double glaze window in the room.And finally the room is always cold.This is my first winter in the property and i would like to find out want i can do to resolve this issue.

2 Answers from MyBuilder Damp Proofing Specialists

Hi there
you can thermal board the walls to keep the walls warm this can be applied with dot and dab method on the cold exterior walls or have an extractor fan or heat recovery unit fitted to help take the moisture from the room.


Answered 15th Dec 2012

the best what you can do for your property is let it insulate externaly using ETICS external thermal insulation composite system.


Answered 26th Mar 2013

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories