Roofing Question

Roof vents or tile vents

I have a massive condensation problem in a terraced house, the loft is soaking so there is clearly a ventilation problem, which is coming back down the property into the bedrooms below causing water to drip down the walls and black mould. I have tried to research this but haven't been very successful. The felt under the tiles isn't breathable and there are no eaves vents. I'm not sure whether to go for a product like lap vent that sits within a gap you have to make in the felt, or tile vents ??? Can anyone help or advise ? thank you.

2 Answers

i would use tile vents low down and put a dry ridge system on as well

Answered 23rd Nov 2012

jd kent

Member since 14 Jun 2008

I would recommend in - line tile vents on both sides of the house at high & low level to acheive a cross flow of air . They can be fitted quite easily by a local roofing company relatively inexpensively. As the property is terraced a dry ridge system may raise the height of the ridge tiles above the adjacent properties & look odd.

Answered 29th Nov 2012

Norjan Properties Ltd

Member since 20 Jan 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Roofers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions