Ask a tradesman

Loft Conversions

Redoing a loft that has been burnt out.

I am hoping to buy a burnt out Victorian terraced house at auction It is 5 bedroom, of which two are in the loft. One room is dormer and the other is velux. I will require joists replacing on 1 st floor and second floor and possibly steels to put extra support in so that I can change the bedroom configuration below. I also want a double width staircase leading up to it and doctors and plumbing (first fit), no plastering, so that fit radiators, bathroom suites and tiling myself. The roof will need to be replaced completely! What will I expect to pay?

2 Answers from MyBuilder Loft Conversion Specialists

Best Answer

To get a price any where near, you need someone to come out and check it all out and advise.
Theres to many variations without seeing.
Although you have given basic information, theres no mention of sizes or type of roof etc.
Probably best to put your job in the Post a Job section, you can then invite the interested tradesmen to come out, discuss all your requirements and they will then give you some prices.
Get at least 3 prices, then take it from there.


Answered 2nd May 2011

As per the other answers here you would need someone to have a look at the job and advise from there.
Depending on the amount of damage that has been caused by the fire it may be advisable to enlist the services of a structural engineer they can complete a survey and advise of what is required to bring the loft space up to current regs and advise what needs to be done to make the loft fit for purpose.
Try to find an engineer local to you.


Answered 3rd May 2011

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories