Handyman Question

Power supply to hob and oven

can i connect a new hob (6600w) to an existing 32 amps wall mounted socket that serves an existing double oven (5180w)-----the 32 amps supply is from a 32amps trip switch

1 Answer

Best Answer

Hello, the existing oven uses 23amps and the hob would use 29amps. so the existing 32amp socket would be inadiquate fot the both. You would require a registered electrician to install a new cooker circuit to provide sufficiant power for both with the relivant rated fuse and cable.

kind regards.

Answered 20th Oct 2012

Dadson Electrical Limited

Member since 14 May 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Handymen who can help you with your project.

Search all questions