Gas Work Question

Gas fire ventilation requirements for open plan house

Hi, I have a 'decorative basket' fire in my living room but currently have no externally venting airbricks. However, the house is open plan with a wide archway from the living room through to the hall and then through to the kitchen. It is also open to the stairs.

With this kind of layout would I still require an externally venting airbrick in the living room?

2 Answers


With out seeing fire and kw rating etc hard to say, but always look at the
M' Instructions, which will always give you the best information regarding their fire.
Have it professionally installed by a Gas Safe engineer and you can't go wrong


Answered 18th Sep 2012

A V H Plumbing & Heating Limited

Member since 5 Feb 2009

min vent 100sqcms get it done gas safe only

Answered 22nd Oct 2012

roy morgan plumbing&heating

Member since 29 Jan 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Gas Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions