Ask a tradesman

Conversions - General

What is the best way to get approval for our garage conversion?

we would like to convert our current garage into a study room and a downstairs toilet.the work involves to remove the current garage door(at the front of the house) and to replace with cavity wall with a window, to build a stud wall so the back of the garage can be converted to facility toilet and washing basin.

From search on the council's website, I don't think we need planning permission, but we will need to get building regulation approval. my question is do we get approval through "FULL PLAN SUBMERSION"? or just "Building Notice application"?

Many thanks!

2 Answers from MyBuilder Conversion Specialists

Best Answer

speak to your local planning department they will advise you on what is required, regards Terry.


Answered 17th Sep 2012

Either.You will need a builder who is up on the regs with this kind of job though to make things run smoothly if using a building notice.Having certain aspects of the job inspected and failed by building control will lead to much stress:)


Answered 17th Sep 2012

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories