Restoration & Refurbishment Question

What type of tradesman do i ask for a quote on a job i need doing?

I have a wooden porch with glass windows in. I have noticed that the wooden porch needs pulling down, in which case the second front door needs replacing and the glass at the sides needs replacing as well. The step may need some attention as well.
Question is who do i ask for a quote is it:
A joiner?
A builder?
A glazier?

2 Answers

Best Answer


Answered 31st Aug 2012

jd kent

Member since 14 Jun 2008

I would go for a Carpenter 1st as the replacing and hanging of the front door is bread and butter work, demolition should likewise not cause a problem, the glazing can be subcontracted to a local glazier if required.


Answered 1st Sep 2012

Timber Window Repair Co

Member since 23 Aug 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Restoration & Refurb Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions