Bathroom Fitting Question

Faulty wet room floor - how can i put this right?

According to my handyman, the shower floor in the ensuite will need to be taken up + re-laid to the correct fall as the floor falls away from the drain in places. basically the bathroom area is flooded every time the tenants take a shower.
i received an unsolicited quote but i don't know the guy + will probably advertise on here. i guess this must happen often; that a fitter has mis-judged the angle/slope for drainage? what is the usual recourse?
Could i sort it by installing a glass door next to (or instead of) the showerscreen? Any other ideas? I can't get the original builder back in i'm afraid.
thank you for your time + assistance.

2 Answers

Best Answer

It sounds like the floor needs to be ripped up and the tray needs to be jacked up, or if there is a formed floor it will need to be reformed with a leveling compound and a new floor put down. jim

Answered 15th Aug 2012

jpburns property maintenance

Member since 1 Aug 2012

jpburns is right. There is no way to rectify a bad job like this. Start again.

Answered 18th Aug 2012

pjb plumbing & heating

Member since 17 Apr 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Bathroom Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions