Ask a tradesman

Kitchen Fitting

Plinths of kitchen now have small gaps

Is there a way to fix plinths which now have gaps of 10 CMS by finding a way to eliminate gaps without removing cabinets that are still in a decent state.

4 Answers from MyBuilder Kitchen Fitters

Best Answer

Sounds like new plinths are needed or you could try crafting round the situation by attaching some
of this to the underneath of the cabinets and painting accordingly to blend in with existing units or plinths etc, all depends how handy/crafty you are.


Answered 22nd Oct 2020

Yes, a filler strip could be applied to seal the top or the bottom of the plinth


Answered 22nd Oct 2020

The best way is to either replace the plinth, this can happen by pulling the plinth off if clipped on legs. Or buy new plinth and glue over the old plinth.


Answered 22nd Oct 2020

I can't imagine you mean 10cm between the bottom of the units and top of the plinths, so perhaps it's where a plinth meets an end panel? In which case it could be re-clipped and slid back into position. It would involve taking off the plinth adjacent to it, if it's the circumstances that I'm assuming.


Answered 9th Nov 2020

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories