Plastering Question

Is there a solution to cracks on internal wall which have already been plastered?

My property is 130 years old and had cracks in an internal wall which I was told were due to historic movement. I had these replastered 10 months ago and now they are re-emerging. Is there a permanent soution to this?
Would the use of plasterboard cure it?

r mclachlan

2 Answers

Best Answer

you could try slimline metal stud and boarding, or you could try webbing & skim,the rolls of webbing are around £60.00 there normally used in with k-render.

Answered 12th Apr 2012


Member since 21 Mar 2012

If the cracks were the large in width, the use of helibar stitching should have been carried out prior to replastering. If they were only hairline, scrim tape should have been applied.
If the above were carried out, then I would suggest involving a structural engineer. Sounds like it is still moving.

Answered 12th Apr 2012

Alver View Property Services

Member since 26 Mar 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plasterers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions