Ask a tradesman
How much can will a standard damp proof course cost and how long to get it done.
I am buying a property in Scotland, a repossession. The survey indicates damp at the rear of the property. I notice also that the laid wooden floor has 'popped up' in the centre of the floor some distance from the damp area. Could this indicate a problem with floor joists in addition to damp at rear. What would be the best way of ascertaining problem from an external view and roughly how would it be resolved and what are the potential range of costs.
3 Answers from MyBuilder Damp Proofing Specialists
I agree with BJD
post the job on my builder and get a specialist in to survey the property.
We are based in Fife,Scotland and would only be too gladly to help you.
Answered 11th Apr 2011
By the sound of it, you need a good Damp proofing firm out to inspect, advise and price.
There is no chance of giving advice or a price on the info supplied.
Post your job on this site, invite a few Damp proofing companys out, they will then tell you what is required and the cost.
They will, or should give a gaurantee for the works.
Answered 4th Apr 2011
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- I want to damp proof my celler using a membrane system and would like some advice on how to calculate my materials.
- We have viewed a 3 bed house that will need refurbished. Is it reasonable to ask a builder to quote us for the work so we have an idea how much it will in the long term before we make an offer?
- Buying a house with a gas meter in bathroom? Is it safe? How much to get it moved?
- How much should it cost to get some out to fit a new boiler?