Ask a tradesman
Can anyone tell me the name for a render using crushed shells testra terres or something like that rings a bell but cant find any info on it thanks steve
4 Answers from MyBuilder Plasterers
If I am not mistaken, the render you are talking about is called Crushed Mix Shell Harling.
Harling is a Scottish term, known in the UK as Pebble or dry dashing, which includes stone chippings, pebbles, crushed and whole shells.
Mix of UK sourced, crushed natural scallop and Cockle shells specifically sized for the renovation of Harling (pebble dashing)
A 3kg pack is approx £30.60 inc vat and delivery, a 15kg will cover approx 5 square metre.
Answered 3rd Apr 2011
hi steve in the 80s i worked for a firm in fleetwood when i was doing my city an guilds in the plastering trade. The firm is called Wyre Plasterers who invented the testra terres an name is jimmy green.
Answered 11th Apr 2011
This might be bit late but think it could be bally shell ( a white crushed shell ) it came from ireland but they dont do any more quarrys ran dry
Answered 14th Apr 2011
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- Tiling up to a bathroom window - can the pvc windowsill be removed/tiled over?
- A Plumber quotes a estimate price for a Bathroom Installation. Customer offers to carry out help to install. Can the plumber still charger the estimate price?
- Installing a bath in a wet room...Help!
- Would walls/floor dry out on its own after a leak? Got a minor mould problem