Plastering Question

Can anyone tell me the name for a render using crushed shells testra terres or something like that rings a bell but cant find any info on it thanks steve

4 Answers

Best Answer

Hi Steve,
If I am not mistaken, the render you are talking about is called Crushed Mix Shell Harling.
Harling is a Scottish term, known in the UK as Pebble or dry dashing, which includes stone chippings, pebbles, crushed and whole shells.
Mix of UK sourced, crushed natural scallop and Cockle shells specifically sized for the renovation of Harling (pebble dashing)
A 3kg pack is approx £30.60 inc vat and delivery, a 15kg will cover approx 5 square metre.

Answered 3rd Apr 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

Hi steve
This might be bit late but think it could be bally shell ( a white crushed shell ) it came from ireland but they dont do any more quarrys ran dry

Answered 13th Apr 2011


Member since 24 Jun 2009

No feedback

hi steve in the 80s i worked for a firm in fleetwood when i was doing my city an guilds in the plastering trade. The firm is called Wyre Plasterers who invented the testra terres an name is jimmy green.

Answered 10th Apr 2011

Get Plastered

Member since 13 May 2008

could be called teraleen think thats how it spelt .

Answered 4th Apr 2011

LSB plasterers and brickwork

Member since 6 Apr 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plasterers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions