Electrical Question

Had new fusebox fitted by contractor from housing assosiation should i have something to say this has been tested

5 Answers

Best Answer

the test results will go to the property owner ( HA ) so as you are only a tenant then all responsibility of the propety lies with the landlord and all relevant paperwork will go to whoever is responsible for the property ( HA ) .The tests and results should however be attached to the consumer unit in the form of a results table and a test sticker which indicates when the test was carried out and when it should be re-tested .

Answered 24th Mar 2012


Member since 28 Feb 2011

It depends? If your asking if the work should have been tested then the answer is yes! However as the tenant, you probably did not order the work or pay for it to be done and so its likely that the test certificate has been given to the housing association as they are the client.

Answered 24th Mar 2012

Electrical Safety Services

Member since 17 Oct 2011

Yes, they have given you a test certificate.

Answered 24th Mar 2012


Member since 8 Oct 2008

the housing association should be sent the paper work

Answered 25th Mar 2012

ADR Property Maintenance

Member since 1 Mar 2009

if the housing association has the paperwork you should still have a sticker on the consumer unit stating when tested and retest date and you are entitled as a tenant to a copy and also a copy of the EICR certificate(elec) and CP12 (gas) which is also required to rent out a property

Answered 31st Mar 2012


Member since 28 Mar 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Electricians who can help you with your project.

Search all questions