Damp Proofing Question

I have mould in my bedroom and not sure what the cause is help

have been told its a number of things from needing the solum sealed to needing to open the windows more... having a sneaking suspicion that it may have something to do with the guttering and pipes and for the rain water as during the winterthe walls and floors be the areas affected were soaking. the paint has actually washed of the walls in parts. i need advice on were to start or who to even ask as im not sure who would be able to deal with this

2 Answers

post it in the roofing/builder section of the site and get someone round to check your guttering,pointing,roof tiles

good luck alex

Answered 16th Mar 2012

ADR Property Maintenance

Member since 1 Mar 2009

hi there
By saying its the winter months that you have the problem points straight to condensation,if it was a rain water problem you would still have the water coming in during the summer,as the weather improves so does the condensation,as you have been informed air ventilation, thermal boards on exterior walls or a heat exchanger.you need a damp specialist.
kind regards

Answered 30th Mar 2012

Trident Damp

Member since 26 May 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Damp Proofing Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions