Electrical Question

the plug sockets for my cooker and kettle are in really awkward places. the old trunking ran right across my cooker and has melted away. id like the wires to be put into the wall. is this possible?

1 Answer

Best Answer

Yes, the cables can be chased into the wall and plastered over quite easily. The circuit protective device (i.e. the fuse or circuit breaker) may need to be changed to an RCBO or an RCD if one is not already fitted. This is beacuse cables that are buried below plaster depth must now be RCD or RCBO protected to comply with the 17th edition wiring regulations. An RCBO typically costs about £30.

Hope this helps, please click on "like" if it does.

Answered 6th Mar 2012

Electrical Safety Services

Member since 17 Oct 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Electricians who can help you with your project.

Search all questions