Ask a tradesman

Carpentry & Joinery

Widen front doir

I need my front door widening so it will fit a twin pram. It would mean taking bricks from either side and replacing the double glazed door with a wooden door. What tradesman would do this ?

4 Answers from MyBuilder Carpenters & Joiners

Best Answer

Bricklayer would do this then plasterer would tidy the plaster


Answered 31st Jul 2019

Hi, depending on how much you want to widen the opening, also remember the lintel on the top of the door might have to be changed,if it’s face brick work your talking a big job


Answered 31st Jul 2019

You will require a general builder that is capable of brickwork, carpentry and plastering- the lintel will almost certainly need to be replaced - without details of existing lintel (steel or concrete) and external finishes (brickwork or render ), its hard to give a price. I would allow 3/4 days + materials.


Answered 1st Aug 2019

Bricklayer would widen the gap for the door, followed by a plasterer then a carpenter would fit the wooden door frame, architrave & door itself.


Answered 7th Aug 2019

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories