Ask a tradesman

Carpentry & Joinery

Kitchen fitted electric cooker removal and work top cutting

I need a worktop cutting with a cooker fitted in dismantling and removing so I can install a gas freestanding cooker I already have. Does the job involve a joiner alone can joiners remove electrical appliances.

4 Answers from MyBuilder Carpenters & Joiners

Best Answer

Joiner,electrician, and qualified gas registed plumber to carry out the work's.


Answered 30th Jul 2019

Hi Neeche,

For the job you are describing you may be better off hiring a multi tradesman. These tend to have a Part P electrical qualification, ideal for carrying out electrical work in peoples homes. If your lucky you may also find one that is gas regsitered.

I would say the above is much more cost affective than have a specialist from each trade carry out the work.

I hope that helps,



Answered 30th Jul 2019

Hi mate

I would definitely recommend an Electrirtion to carry that work out as they could be gas registered too which would be a bonus! Also it’s always best to get the correct trade to do the right job as they will be insured etc if anything was to go wrong 👍🏼 Hope you get sorted


Answered 30th Jul 2019

You'll need a gas safe registered plumber for the gas side, some kitchen fitters may have "Defined scope" from the NICEIC which means they can carry out limited electrical work such as cookers, if not then you'll need to get a registered electrician for the electrical side (competent person register)


Answered 31st Jul 2019

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories