Ask a tradesman
Noisy (sounds like a kazoo) windows in bedroom
Windows in the bedroom make weird sounds when it is windy outside, never experienced anything like that before. Is there anything I can do to fix it?
5 Answers from MyBuilder Window & Door Fitters
Clevedon • Member since 17 Jan 2019 • 1 job, 100% positive feedback
How new are the windows and are they upvc, its usually down to sealant, when fitted the sealant is run around the outside edge and over time with movement and weather this can shrink back exposing gaps, this is where the wind gets caught, they just need re-sealing, Ive heard some windows playing tunes.
Answered 19th Jul 2019
Hi. Check and see if the drainage holes are in line with each other .If so this will also cause wind noise .
Answered 22nd Jul 2019
Normally an upstairs window, the sealant between the soffit and the window peels and sounds like a motor bike.
Cut the sealant back and reseal with good quality silicon
Hope that helps
Answered 19th Jul 2019
It sounds like when the sashes have been open and it’s been windy the hindges move and bend a little,so when it’s closed it leaves a gap in places we’re the draught/ wind gets in and plays a whistle effect,and if the Windows are not fitted properly ie silicone missing this can also cause the problem.
Hope this helps
Answered 31st Jul 2019
It could also be the trickle vent, with the wind blowing over the reeds on the outside? Or is there a gap between opening sash and frame? Could be the hinges on?
If the trickle vent? You could get an acoustic want fitted
Answered 1st Aug 2019
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- I want to paint a feature wall in a bedroom. I prefer silk finish, but the colour I want only comes in matt emulsion. Would it look odd if I had one wall in matt and the other 3 in silk emulsion?
- I am thinking or putting in an offer on a 3 bedroom semi and would like to know a ball park figure for the renovations
- Cracks in interior wall, crack in exterior render. What is the best way to remedy?
- Mould on clothes/textiles and furniture, and muggy air in ground floor flat?