Groundwork & Foundations Question

What is the cost of slab paving a small area excluding the slabs?

The area is approx 20-24sqm

3 Answers

Best Answer

You need to supply more information to get a cost any where near, for what you need.
ie; access, whats the ground like, depth of digging, hardcore, blinding and whacking.
The preparation is quite time consuming, and needs to be done right.
If the base was already in, ready for slabbing then it would only take a day.
Then the hourly/daily rates are different in each area.
Post your job on here and get a few prices, it wont cost you anything.

Answered 29th Mar 2011

B J D BUILDING/ROOFING

Member since 29 Oct 2008

The cost of doing the groundwork and then laying your slabs excluding the cost of the slabs would be between £500 and £600.
Thanks Gordon - Bespoke Landscapes.

Answered 29th Mar 2011

bespokelandscapes

Member since 6 Oct 2010

85% of the cost should be the installation. The other 15% is the cost of the slab itself. Its always best to get a fixed price rather than a day rate for labour and materials.

Answered 29th Mar 2011

Reformalawn

Member since 16 Feb 2009

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Groundworkers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions