Ask a tradesman

Groundwork & Foundations

How much for pile foundation on 2 storey home extension

I am planning to do a rear 2 storey extension for my house. However I have been advised that I will need pile extension as the I have an oak tree with a TPO and therefore, a pile foundation is a condition of my planning permission.
I wanted to get an idea if this can be done separate to the house build

4 Answers from MyBuilder Groundworkers

Best Answer

In short, yes you can, and make sure you get someone who specialises in this, as normal builders are not always insured to do underpinning and or pile work, plus your new build will be sat on it, so it has to be done right.


Answered 6th Jun 2019

Definitely consult a piling and underpinning specialists , get written quotes and make sure the work complies with building control , structural engineer and architect.


Answered 7th Jun 2019

You can also dig down 2.5metres
For stronger foundations as oak tree and routes are there
Would be the cheaper option


Answered 7th Jun 2019

You would need to contact a piling specialist, further ground investigations may be needed as other factors may influence the site. I would suggest you contact a structural engineer first who will work out the calculations.


Answered 13th Jun 2019

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories