Ask a tradesman

Carpentry & Joinery

Reduction in height of office desk


I have a small foldable desk (Desktop size: 80 x 45 cm. Height: 74 cm )
and would like to have the height reduced to 70-71 cm. The frame is made of metal.

Is this something a carpenter can do? As i have gone to metal works and not had any luck.


2 Answers from MyBuilder Carpenters & Joiners

Best Answer

A competent handyman can do this either a small grinder with a cutting disc or a jig saw with metal cutting blade, Dependant on the thickness of the metal. Cut to the required length take off and rubber feet etc and re insert afterwards.


Answered 12th Apr 2019

any handyman would be able to do this job


Answered 13th Apr 2019

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories