Restoration & Refurbishment Question

We are hoping to render part of the outside of our house.

An area of about 10m sq in total. Are there any renders that improve thermal insulation. Lastly what thickness would this add to our house (one area adjoins our neighbours property).

Thanks for the responses

3 Answers

there are two main products, k-rend and weber. both are self coloured so you dont need to paint.
they require 3 coats 1 base and 2 top coats. intotal about 25mm thick ish
you can use a colour coded edging beed were it meets ur naibours house.
hope this helps.

Answered 14th Feb 2012

srr property maintenance

Member since 3 Nov 2011

Yes, but they are quite expensive take a look at Thermastex or similar;

Answered 15th Feb 2012

Electrical Safety Services

Member since 17 Oct 2011

Hi there, you can get a insulation in the form of polystyrene and fix to the wall, this can range from 40mm to 120mm and cover the sheets in a render and anti-crack mesh. With regards to your neighbors house you can form it into a return so it doesn't look to far out of place. K-Rend wont add thermal value to the property however it will give a fantastic appearance. Hope this can help

Answered 6th Mar 2012

sean vale

Member since 6 Mar 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Restoration & Refurb Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions