Plumbing Question

Can you let me know the name of a sealant which could mend a hole which has developed n the base of the showerhead and which leaks when the shower is turned on.

I was told by a builder that there is a special sealant for this sort of plumbing job. The alternative would be to replace the whole shower head at a big expense.

2 Answers

Best Answer

new black washer in shower head. 50p. Easy.

Answered 8th Mar 2012

LB Plumbing

Member since 20 Feb 2012

Go and buy a new head from various suppliers! cheap, quick solution. between 7-10quid! no manufacturers have a silicone to go in the shower heads if they leak! change the washers is the solution,but you head mite be limescaled so get a new one.


Answered 31st Jan 2012

kelly plumbing Heating & gas

Member since 4 Jan 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions