Groundwork & Foundations Question

Garden higher than bungalow at the back - soakaway needed

New owner, garden is only lower at the side driveway.Front has soakways on level ground.

2 Answers

Best Answer

Depending on the structure of your ground at the rear (i.e. if its made up land or clay )this will help us to determine what sort of drainage system is required also does the land at the rear come all the way up to your property if so this can cause water penetration an inspection by a competent person would be needed to establish what is required.

Answered 9th Jan 2012

project6 building solutions

Member since 9 Jan 2012

Im going to assume that the level of the ground is fine where it meets your building but that the fall is towards the bungalow. Assuming the soakaway was correctly installed at the front then it may be fair to assume you could use the same method at the rear but ground can change types in a short distance and heavy clay isnt suitable for a soakaway despite whats SUDS regs may call for. Get an experienced groundworker from to take a look. Without looking myself you probably need a linear drain across the width of the property running out to a soakaway.. Good luck, Dan

Answered 26th Jan 2012

Local patios and driveways

Member since 24 Jan 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Groundworkers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions