Kitchen Fitting Question

If a kitchen is wired for an electric cooker is it a big job to have a duel fuel range cooker fitted?

It is a new build without a kitchen at the moment but has been wired for an electric cooker, but we would like a duel cooker. the cooker is to go on a back wall which is freestanding leading onto the back garden.

Thanks for your help


2 Answers

Best Answer

Hi there. For dual fuel you will need a gas supply. The electrics are fine to run the electric side of it.

Answered 9th Jan 2012

OC Carpentry

Member since 9 Jan 2012

What are your duel fuels, I assume its Gas and Electric. I would check with your developer as it depends on what they are planning to install.Some electric ovens will run on a standard 13 amp plug where as the electric hob will be 30-45 amp some range cookers with electric oven and gas hob will only require a 13 amp feed but if you have an electric plate on the hob you may find it requires 30+amp.
Most new build will have a 30 amp supply which in most cases in adequate and of course there should if available be gas.
If it is an Electric and Oil the Oil can simply be brought through from outside adjacent to the cooker.

Answered 12th Jan 2012

D.S.Lewis Building and Carpentry Contractors

Member since 21 Nov 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Kitchen Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions