Kitchen Fitting Question

If a kitchen is wired for an electric cooker is it a big job to have a duel fuel range cooker fitted?

It is a new build without a kitchen at the moment but has been wired for an electric cooker, but we would like a duel cooker. the cooker is to go on a back wall which is freestanding leading onto the back garden.

Thanks for your help


2 Answers

You will need a gas supply to the rear of cooker and sould go tight back to wall

Answered 9th Jan 2012

James Low

Member since 22 Nov 2008

Most cookers are wired with 6mm twin & earth with a 32amp mcb, if you have this you will be fine, with a dual fuel cooker such as a Rangemaster.
The gas supply needs to be installed by a registered gas person.
If in any doubt post the job on this site

Answered 12th Jan 2012

shipley electrical

Member since 25 Oct 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Kitchen Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions