Damp Proofing Question

How should you damp proof a victorian house for rising damp

A damp proof company hacked off the old plaster down to the brickwork / then put plasterboard into the brickwork / then wanted to skim over / I thought sand cement and a mortar mix was used - then a skim ? Also they took off the old skirting boards to replace with new and instead of putting a complete length along one wall - used 3 different pieces of skirting boards joined together and they were different heights. Then they injected into the brickwork outside but there was nothing in the holes only brick dust / is this the way a damp proof course should be carried out ? I’m not sure what to do next / should I post the pictures on this site ?

2 Answers

3 different pieces of skirting speak for themselves, sorry but this waterproofing is expected to fail.

Answered 18th Mar 2018

Michal Zukiewicz Plastering

Member since 15 Mar 2018

No feedback

first thing to do it don't pay them for the job when they come to pick up their horses, & get someone who knows what they are doing.
houses of this age don't generally suffer from rising damp , they tend to suffer more penetrating damp,
you best bet is find someone who is used to working on older houses and understands how the materials used in the construction of you house all work together in keeping it dry.

good luck alex

Answered 18th Mar 2018

ADR Property Maintenance

Member since 1 Mar 2009

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Damp Proofing Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions