Damp Proofing Question

How to fix a damp wall

The front room wall, that is also the outside wall, has had damp appearing for the last year, ever since I had some boxes lent up against it. Now the wall has gone bobbly in places and yellowy, and is cold to the touch and clammy. There are cracks appearing too, but all just coming up from the bottom up to around 40 cm from skirting board.

Whats the best thing for sorting it out? Painting Anti damp stuff onto it, or will that cause it to spread further up the wall.? Or do I need more specialist work done on it?

2 Answers

Best Answer

Your best bet is to have the plaster hacked off, the wall treated and then replastered.

Answered 6th Jan 2012

1 Stop Maintenance

Member since 6 Jan 2012

you need to take off old plaster and replace it with a render mix that has a damp proof add mix that goes in the water when mixing.when the render sets any damp coming from the outside will hit the new render and be sent back out of the building by the new damp proof barrier

Answered 9th Jan 2012

BuildIt Construction

Member since 4 Jan 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Damp Proofing Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions