Plumbing Question

Regular checking and maintenance of water pipes.

Our insurance will not provide cover for ' Escape of Water ' unless there is regular checking and maintenance of water pipes. How is this usually carried out? Would this involve lifting all floorboards? I would be very grateful for a reply to this.
Thank you.

2 Answers

Best Answer

Hi Dave I assume this is a commercial property, as this is the norm for them just means visual inspection of water fittings and pipes ie clips etc, and waste pipes and boilers etc does not mean taking floor boards up etc just what is visual and has easy access as it’s water damage cover.
If it is Domestic new one to me I could only recommend getting a plumber to do a report of your house water works.

Hope this helps Ray

Answered 23rd Feb 2018

RW Electrical Plumbing And Heating Ltd

Member since 5 Feb 2018

you could have system visual checked ,but knowing insurance companies this would be when they would say that is not enough ,you would need to have all water and heating systems pressure tested,but even then they would try to wiggle out of any claim,try another company.

Answered 24th Feb 2018

D & R Property and Plumbing Maintenance

Member since 15 Nov 2016

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions