Ask a tradesman
What would be good in this garden?
kindly see attached photo of my garden(11.8 metre X 5.4 metre). it is offsite garden about 2 metre from my front door. I live in first-floor maisonette,
I would like to renovate my garden, My budget is about £1000. I am willing to do whatever I can.
here are some questions and my ideas on the garden.
1) I would like to paint my fences, I would like to paint sth like light blue. currently an oak colour
2) would you paint the shed same colour with the fences? if not which colour would be your choice?
3) is deck paintable? currently brown. what to do to maintain it?
4) stones are almost grey. I will try to clean it by a pressure machine. should I use just water or any detergents etc?
5) what would be good in this garden? small water thing? paving? any ideas please?
edit/ it is south-west facing. all parts of the garden get sun
thanks in advance
2 Answers from MyBuilder Landscape Gardeners
Shefford • Member since 1 Feb 2018 • 2 jobs, 100% positive feedback
Painting the fence would definitely brighten up your garden, just make sure you are using a decent exterior paint.
Stay away from painting the decking as this will wear very quickly due to foot traffic and very quickly become un sightly. just give it a good clean with a pressure washer not too close and stain the timber. Buy some decent containers and plant, this will look nice on the patio. A nice arbour would look nice too and give you somewhere to sit. Hope this helps.....
Answered 1st Feb 2018
Definitely painting the fence will brighten up the garden with a light colour, I would recommend using a oil based paint as this is harder wearing I would also paint the shed the same colour. I would recommend jet washing the decking, let it dry then use a decking oil treatment - I’ve found that the ronseal is the best product for me. Also if there is no paving I would definitely recommend I little Indian sandstone patio. Many thanks OB Landscaping - Hope this helps
Answered 3rd May 2019
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- I wish to install a window in what is presently a windowless bedroom. It would be installed in the gable end wall, first floor. Who would I contact for this kind of job?
- What would be involved in closing up an ecternal doorway, opening a window to a doorway and moving two internal entrances
- Cracks in interior wall, crack in exterior render. What is the best way to remedy?
- What could be the cause of a damp strip on gable end wall?