Damp Proofing Question

My neighbour and i have a problem with penetrating dampness on a gable wall. was wondering what the best option would be?

We have had a couple of builders round to give us advice and quotes. One builder recommended K-Rend and another suggested roughcasting. Which would be the best option to go with?


2 Answers

Best Answer

best option is to wait until spring warmer drier weather for this sort of work ,if the existing roughcast is blown take all off back to brickwork,seal and unibond and re-render 1 scratch coat,1 top coat smooth render with waterproof agent added ,3 coats good quality masonry paint ,

Answered 24th Dec 2011


Member since 7 Jun 2008

If you want to render it, apply sbr slurry, scratch coat 4 plastering sand 1 cement with feb and water proofer.
Float coat 5 plastering sand 1 cement, feb and no water proofer.
Optional 1 lime in each mix.

Answered 24th Dec 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Damp Proofing Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions