Plastering Question

What product would you recommend to fill in the gaps left by the sparky who chased out the walls approx 50mm deep

Its on two different surfaces. One being plaster over breeze block and the other plasterboard

4 Answers

Best Answer


Cream cheese works a treat, sticks and fills anything...just trowl it on. You'll find most decent plasteres use Elmlea....

Answered 19th Dec 2011

Rebel Carpenter

Member since 24 Sep 2008

i would use either cement mix or a bonding plaster to fill the gap up first and then use a multi finish plaster to smooth and blend into the rest of the wall

Answered 19th Dec 2011


Member since 16 Dec 2011

bond it and if you are asking questions like this get a plasterer in that knows best cause you dont lol

Answered 19th Dec 2011


Member since 7 Jun 2008

Hi,use Toupret TX110,it has no depth or width restrictions and it's brill on all surfaces,take it from me this is what you need,specially if you will be tiling once made good.
You should really look into the Tuopret range being a Tiler,they will be a real benefit to you,I'm a deccie and have enormous problems with bad surface ,holes,cracks you name it I've had it.and with Toupret they have products that move with the surface,so there won't be any grazing or cracking.Great stuff.
Hope this helps
Chris spence

Answered 19th Dec 2011

Bright Painting & Decorating Services

Member since 18 Nov 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plasterers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions