Ask a tradesman
Has anyone used metrotile bond roofing?
Has anyone had any experience of using metrotile bond roofing? Keen to find a lighterweight / cheaper alternative to ceramic tiles but not felt shingles which look too shed-like. It’s to go on an existing brick outbuilding which currently has a single pitch felt roof and the intention is to convert to an apex roof and insulated office space. Any positive/negative reviews?
2 Answers from MyBuilder Roofers
its a bit like decra lightweight roofing system mostly used on static caravans
generally has a fairly long life expectancy if fitted correctly,
really depends on what it is you want to cover, and how long you want it to last.
it will last as long as most concrete tiles
Answered 23rd Oct 2017
Metrotile roof tiles come in strips instead of individual tiles making installation simple and quick. Its lightweight and comes with a 40 year weather proof guarantee. It is resistant to fire, mildew and rot. Some complain of noise (rain/winds) but I have yet to hear of this with Metrotile, also denting has been argued to be a risk but I suppose be aware of any large tress near by, falling branches or other items and that shouldn't be a problem.
Answered 6th Jan 2018
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- Has anyone used Linear UPVC windows? Apparently they are British made. I need to decide what make of window to choose and would like a good quality one. Is it as good as the german products?
- Problems with Thistle bond-it not adhering
- Has anyone used Schrijver System to deal with Damp Proofing on solid brick wall (not cavity wall)?
- Has anyone used Kronotex Robusto Laminate flooring?