Ask a tradesman
No hot water in shower
I have a concealed dual valve thermostatic mixer shower which only gives (luke)warm water when opening cold tap in sink.
I have hot water everywhere in the house, except the shower will only give (luke)warm water when I fully open the cold tap in the bathroom sink.
This is the datasheet for the shower: http://bit.ly/s9NWQP
- The combi boiler works, and starts firing when turning shower on. Temperature is set on recommended 60C;
- Calibrating shower temperature settings didnt resolve the problem.
- The lever to change the temperature doesn't do anything either..
When contacting the supplier they told me I have an imbalance in the system and that this might be resolved by fitting a pressure reducing valve. They say it might also be solved by fitting a new cartridge in the shower. I also had a plumber in who said it could be the cartridge or I should fit a completely new shower.
Before I spend £115 on a new cartridge I would be grateful if anyone could advice me on next steps...
3 Answers from MyBuilder Plumbers
9/10 its Usually down to the cartridge being faulty
Answered 16th Dec 2011
Hi, my name is rigsby basic plumbing, i would say yes cartridge needs replaceing.hard to say with out haveing a look , 150 on new cartridge sounds a bit pricey good luck best wishes rigsby.
Answered 14th Dec 2011
Try putting a restrictor in the pipework on the cold feed to the shower it might, i repeat might, solve it , but it is a very cheap way of proving whether the cartridge is working correctly. A restrictor could be ,stop tap,gate valve or ballofix valve
Answered 14th Dec 2011
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- i have a back boiler which is working fine at the moment. there is hot water in all the taps but the shower which is a stand alone mixer shower has no hot water coming out.
- Single shower impelled - Hot water only coming out of small shower head, not big shower head
- Lukewarm water in shower - no hot water in tap unless shower is running
- Hot water running in all but the one bathroom shower in a 2 bed/2 bathroom flat.