Central Heating Question

Is there no guidance sheet to hand out i have been rtraumatised by this flue access not knowing where or how to begin??

i am ok with computer but only in a minor way. Being left and having to try and find my way to get assistance in a home one moment perfect next moment COLD a .how to begin ' would be worth its weight in gold.

2 Answers

Best Answer

Hi Pauline,

I believe your post relates to 'Flues in Voids' ? ?

If so, please look on the official Gas Safe website. (Just google it)

These types of installations are now classed as At Risk.

This doesn't mean to say that there is actually anything wrong with your installation. Only that a Gas Safe Registered engineer, like myself is unable to visually see the flue currently. Therefore we have to assume the worst.

I.E. The flue is not installed correctly / safely.

The upshot is that a defective flue could possibly spill carbon monoxide, through the void and thus migrate into living space instead of being discharged into the outside atomsophere safely.

If your appliance has been left working and you are using it, please at once purchase a carbon monoxide detector. If you can only afford to purchase one unit, (cost IRO £20.00), then place this directly outside your bedroon, i.e. on the landing.

Please note that if the flue void runs through a bedroom, then place the detector within that room.


Adrian \Hagger

southsea plumbing.

Answered 11th Dec 2011

Southsea Plumbing, Heating, Electrical & Gas Services

Member since 8 Nov 2010

Don't know about anyone else,but i'm scratching my head with this one.........:/

Answered 11th Dec 2011

carl melady

Member since 1 Jun 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Heating Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions