Ask a tradesman
What type of tradesman would fix a leaky roof?
My central heating floo goes up through my kitchen roof which is flat. Recently the ceiling has discoloured and looks to have water marks.
Who would I ask to come and have a look at this?
And if this is the only part that is leaking, will my whole roof need to be replaced or can the leak just be fixed?
1 Answer from a MyBuilder Roofer
This would need a small investigation - thus identifying where you may have a leak and/or find the point of water ingress.
Any reputable roofer should be able to diagnose and offer free advice and indeed a quote if it is in their expertise (to repair).
If the roof is in a good state of repair I would like to think it can be repaired easily and at a reasonable cost too.
Once you have had the work completed - keep an eye on the effected area to make sure it does not incur more issues and always ask for a guarantee from the tradesman.
Answered 15th Aug 2017
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- How best do I convert a flat roof into a roof garden - i do need a new flat roof
- I am the a owner of a first floor flat of a victorian terraced house.I would to like a dormer loft conversion or L shape conversion,what type of conversion can i have,& how much would it cost.
- What tradesman would I need to remove a bit of a kitchen worktop and a shelf with a light in it?
- Leaking roof-what type of tradesman