Ask a tradesman


Have had an old gas fire and its back boiler removed and replaced with a combi boiler what is the best way to insulate and fill the hole left from these

1 Answer from a MyBuilder Insulation Installer

Best Answer

Rockwool or expanding foam can be used to fill the majority of the void, Once rockwool is tight and compact you may be able to use some rigid insulation (kingspan or celotex) to block the cavity. Once this is complete, depending on what finish you would like you can either plasterboard and skim or fix mdf panel to the front (smooth off edges of mdf panel for a less obtrusive appearance). Good luck!


Answered 5th Dec 2011

Post your job to find high quality tradespeople and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories