Ask a tradesman
Garage roof - change from felt to tile.
Do I need building regs or planning permission to change my currently flat felted gargage roof to a pitched tiled roof. The garage is positioned in my rear garden. it is approx 12 feet from the rear boundry but is built to the boundry of my next door neighbours garden.
2 Answers from MyBuilder Roofers
This can differ from councils to councils, I have always asked my customers to phone there planning department and ask the question.
More often than not they will say no problem! as long as all undertaken in with current building regulations.
I have just actually completed one that the council said was ok to go ahead with and that was in the Hove Station area.
Answered 14th Jul 2017
Every council is different it's best check with your local council first.
We have completed many of this sort of job with no problem from the planning department as long as there done to current building regulations.
Answered 20th Jul 2017
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- I am planning to re-roof my garage using 2mm torch-on felt. The garage roof is about 19 feet long and only has a shallow gradient. Do I need to fit an underlay?
- Need permission to change existing porch roof from flat felt to sloped tiled?
- What I need to know if i wished to change my polycarbonate conservatory roof to a tiled roof?
- Do I need planning permission to replace the flat roof to a pitched roof on my garage?