Electrical Question

What do i need in place to have electric cooker installed

Previously had a gas cooker but have been bought a new electric cooker. I have 2 boxes on the wall for electric cooker, one with the switch, but no wires or cables hanging down. Would I need anything else ?

3 Answers

Sounds like you have a cooker feed for a std electric cooker 6mm Cable (Okay for a Std. Slot-in Electric Cooker) U Just need a qualified electrician & 2 metres of cable to go from Switch to new cooker......

Answered 1st Dec 2011

A1 Home Services

Member since 17 Apr 2009

All you need is a short section of heat resistant cable (HORN would be ideal) to connect between the wall outlet plate and the back of the cooker. Most electricians would supply a suitable cable as part of connecting the cooker up and testing that its properly earthed etc.

Answered 1st Dec 2011

Electrical Safety Services

Member since 17 Oct 2011

6mm twin and earth and a quallified person to install, post as a job and get a local tradesperson round to test this circuit

Answered 1st Dec 2011


Member since 21 Nov 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Electricians who can help you with your project.

Search all questions