Central Heating Question

Can a homeowner put in all the copper pipework for a combo boiler can a gas safe registered person test and sign this off?

5 Answers

Best Answer

You can put in the radiator pipework and radiators, but the boiler and gas supply pipework must be fitted by a registered installer.
Hope this helps.

Answered 21st Nov 2011


Member since 3 Nov 2010

Possibly you can, but you will need to agree this with the Gas Safe engineer, some like to do the whole works.

Answered 21st Nov 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

I would find an engineer first and agree with him what will be done by you, but the gas and boiler should be left to the engineer

Kind regards


Answered 21st Nov 2011

Lambert Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Member since 11 Oct 2011

I would discuss this with your Gas Safe engineer. Some will only sighn a boiler off if they have done all the work.

If you discuss it prior a good engineer will give you guidance and save any embarassment latter. May even save you a few pounds too


Answered 21st Nov 2011

Deans Heating

Member since 22 Jan 2010

you can do everything bar the gas but you need a gas safe engineer to sign it off and that wont be cheap

Answered 22nd Nov 2011


Member since 1 Jun 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Heating Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions