Gas Work Question

Im fitting a kitchen with a gas range cooker in an island unit. the floor is concrete. what is the correct way to get a gas supply to the cooker. im not doing the gas work myself.

I just want to prep the job. Its no problem digging a channel for the pipe but does it get cemented over or does it have to run in conduit?

2 Answers

The gas pipe will need to be in a purpose made duct, ideally accessible for possible future problems.
Hope this helps.

Answered 16th Nov 2011


Member since 3 Nov 2010

Your installer can use trac pipe which can be taken from copper gas pipework with an isolation,this can be screeded into the concrete, or copper pipework must be in a duct chased into the floor. Duct is a metal boxing sunk into floor,to not be in contact with the concrete. The pipe must be sized correctly also! A gas safe installer will advise you correctly.


Answered 4th Jan 2012

kelly plumbing Heating & gas

Member since 4 Jan 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Gas Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions