Plumbing Question

Plastic black flow bung came out of kitchen mixer tap

The plastic plug from the end of the kitchen mixer tap has come out and cannot be put back in properly. Can we buy a new plug or do we have to buy a new mixer tap? Thanks.

2 Answers

Best Answer

I was in this situation not long ago and for all the hasstle its deffo worth just biting the bullet and going for a replacement tap. you can waste a long time trying to source where the taps our from and trying to get spare bits.

Answered 17th Nov 2011

Smc Plumbing and Heating

Member since 17 Nov 2011

Depends on the age of your tap (it may be under guarantee? some companies offer 2 years standard, phone their technical support and ask, if you know the model/make) and in our experience we have found that because fittings change so quickly its easier and more productive to change the item. not ideal, but these days things are usually built to be replaced, not repaired.

Answered 12th Nov 2011

S1 Builders Norfolk

Member since 10 Nov 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions